The Kuala Lumpur Cup is an international youth football tournament held in the bustling capital city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Targetted at competitive junior teams from across the region, the cup aims to improve the opportunities for high quality inter-club football in Southeast Asia.
Open to teams in five age-groups, from Under-8s to Under-16s, the third edition of the KL Cup will take place at The New Camp, Bandar Utama in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 3 to 4 March 2017.
Organised by Little League Soccer Malaysia, the tournament promises two days of exciting football action at one of the region’s premier pitches.
The Kuala Lumpur Cup will follow a Champions League style format of group stages followed by Cup and Plate competitions.
Rules and guidelines:
- Maximum 16 teams per age-group
- 4 groups of 4 teams in group stages; top 2 qualify for Cup, bottom 2 qualify for Plate
- All teams guaranteed 6 matches (3 matches per day)
- 7-a-side for Under-8s, 10s, 12s, 14s and 16s
- Games last 24 minutes (2 x 12 minutes)
AGE-GROUP CUT OFFS
- Under 8: Born 2010 and later
- Under 10: Born 2008 and later
- Under 12: Born 2006 and later
- Under 14: Born 2004 and later
- Under 16: Born 2002 and later (with a maximum of 2 players born 2001 and later)